Our speech and language pathologist, with the help of our communicative disorders assistant, assesses and treats children and adults.
What is a Speech & Language Pathologist?
A Speech & Language Pathologist can help you with your speech, language or communication issues. They work with babies, toddlers, children, teenagers and adults. For more information, visit the ASHA website: LINK TO ASHA WEBSITE
What do Speech & Language Pathologists do?
Speech & Language Pathologists can help treat and manage the following conditions:
- Articulation problems, how we say sounds and put sounds together
- Language issues: how well we understand what we hear or read, how we use words to tell others our thoughts
- Reading and writing: literacy, spelling, writing
- Social communication: turn taking while communicating, following social rules, how close to stand to someone while talking
- Voice: accent reduction, hoarse voices, loud talkers, unable to make sounds
- Swallowing Disorders
Speech & Language Pathology is more than just teaching children how to pronounce certain sounds.
Am I covered for the services of a Speech & Language Pathologist
Every insurance plan is different. Some plans require you to obtain a referral from your family physician. Other plans do not require a referral. Some plans cover $300.00 a year, other plans cover up to $1,200.00 a year. We can attempt to call on your behalf, however, most plans require that the plan member call them to inquire about their own benefits.
For an appointment with our Speech & Language Pathologist in Essex, please call Melissa at (519) 961-9285 or email Melissa@YouHear.ca